Hello everyone! I expected October to turn out better than September but unfortunately, it began to go down the hill from the beginning. It sure affected my blog but I didn’t let it affect my reading. Not everything was grey and dark, some really good things happened that balanced out unsavory points. Here is how my October 2023 in Life, Books, and Blog was –
Table of Contents
– Best thing that happened in October is my kid is finally potty trained. We thought it might take a whole month but surprisingly her fear went away in two weeks. But those two weeks were terrific.
– Navartri was fun and amazing. I also won the runner-up prize for best female garba dancer.
– My birthday never goes as I plan it and is ruined for some reason every year. This year wasn’t different.
– My in-laws came back and this time they are staying for two whole months. (I already feel I might go mad and there is still another month to go. There is no sense of privacy in my own house now!)
– Every relative visiting my house, they give one look at my bookshelves and say “I would come again to borrow one of the books.” I don’t how to say this is not a public library. If you want a free book you should visit one. It took me fucking 5-6 years, my time, efforts, and money to collect these many books and they want them for free! Call me selfish but I wouldn’t share my books.
– One other good thing that happened is, I got the job. I’m starting it on Monday. It’s a kind of part-time and flexible job but I still don’t how much extra time I will get for reading and blogging.
October in Reading
Books Read – 10
Total Pages – 2875
Books I Read
The Spirit Bares Its Teeth is heartbreaking, ferocious, atmospheric and mindblowing historical fantasy with perfect autism/neurodivergent and queer representation. This is absolute masterpiece and I’m sure reading anything author writes. If you need a book for spooky season, look no further. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Faking Christmas is a delightful, heartwarming, entertaining, and fluffy Christmas romance with hate-to-love and fake marriage tropes. It’s perfect Christmas read. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Girl in The Tower is an amazing sequel. The pace is steady but there is politics and adventure that keep the the plot engaging. I loved Vasya even more here. I couldn’t predict that the final twist and end is tragic. I don’t know what to expect in the final book of this trilogy. Review will be up on Sunday or next week.
Brutal Prince is quick, enjoyable, spicy, and dark enemies-to-lovers mafia romance with arranged marriage trope. Plot is predictable and I didn’t like Callum until the second half, and yet I enjoyed reading this. This was my first Mafia Romance and now I want to read more of them. ⭐⭐⭐.5
Stolen Heir is dark, twisted, and sensual mafia beauty and beast retelling with captive/captor trope. Except for Nessa being more complacent as a captive, everything in this book is spotless. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Savage Lover is a refreshing, thrilling, and action-packed mafia romance with fast and furious vibe. I gave this 4 stars just because I felt there was something missing, maybe because this wasn’t as dark and twisted as previous mafia books in this series. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Biji’s in the Kitchen is entertaining, super fun, and delightful children’s fiction with amazing message for not just kids but all readers. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Big Bad Fight is fun, lovely, cute and vividly illustrated short children’s fiction about friendship. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mahalaxmi Will Go to Mysore is lovely, entertaining, and beautifully written children’s fiction about friendship with an amazing message. I highly recommend this to all young readers. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Best Books of the Month
All the books were really good but these I loved the most. And my kid loved The Big Bad Fight the most.
October in Blog
Plans for November
None! Like the previous two months, I wouldn’t have enough time as lots of things are expected in life.
– There is Diwali so there goes one week with no expectation for any “me time”.
– As I said I got a new job so I have to adjust my routine and everything accordingly.
– There is a wedding in the family at the month’s end so I’ll be taking a hiatus from 24th to 30th as there is no point in stretching myself trying to do everything and with this new job, there is no full holiday. They said even for an hour you need to check emails and do the necessary task.
Thank you for reading! Let’s chat..,
How was your October? what are your plans for November?
Have you read any of these books or plan to?
[click on the hamburger button ‘☰‘ in the Menu for the Sidebar]
Sign up to receive email whenever I publish new post-